Sunday, January 20, 2008

All things in moderation...


Today we went and joined our local YMCA. Merriwether is excited that they have swimming and ballet classes. Byron wants to try the rock wall and I'm looking forward to being alone...er I mean exercising. After we filled out the paperwork, I took Merriwether for some frigid playtime on their super-cool playground and Byron let Harper spin the steering wheel in the car. Once we got all the carseat buckles fastened we heard the dreaded refrain, "But I am very very HUNGRY!" from our eldest.

Since the grocery fairy hasn't been by in a while, we hit the local drive-thru and came home to eat our lunch. Merriwether has had an epiphany about the golden arches.

"This is GOOD! This is really REALLY good! I like this burger! My tummy likes this burger!"
(This simply proves that I wasted all that time when she was an infant pureeing fresh organic kale and brown rice so that she would have complex taste buds.)

Please notice that she is wearing her Santa inspired shrug sweater and what you can't see is the purple CareBear socks and the glitter shoes. Isn't that what everyone wears when they go to check out a new gym?

2 comments:

Andrew M. said...

Howsabout you moderate yerself over onto the pixiepit site and take your scrabble turn!?!

SLPmommy said...

I love reading the blog and this last one made me realize how boring my gym attire is. I see I'm going to have to spice it up. Maybe a boa tomorrow :)