Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pilgrim's Progress

I find something enormously satisfying about making baby food.




This is my latest sweet potato/butternut squash medley. I think that perhaps I read the Little House on the Praire series one too many times. Or maybe I am making up for other areas of weakness in my life. But making baby food seems like a much better and more interesting use of my time than dusting the baseboards (who have applied for "pet" status they are so hairy). I love that making baby food is easy, fast and cheap. I love that the purees are so pretty and geometric when they are done. Did I mention that I make my own yogurt too? I know that your inner weirdo alert is going off. Even the girls' doctor rolled his eyes and laughed at me. Hey, it keeps me off the corner trying to score a street version of the epidural.

Does Harper like it? Sure. Does she also love her green Gerber veggies from the jar. Yep. But once spring is here, I'll be pureeing all sorts of green goodies from the farmer's market. Once I made Merriwether an English pea and asparagus puree. She has rewarded my effort by becoming devoted to fish sticks dipped in ketchup.

I think Gaga may have summed it up perfectly. She was feeding Harper one of my concoctions and she looked lovingly at the baby and said, "I guess you will eat anything."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: