Thursday, March 27, 2008

My blog is causing a ruckus!

First things first. I am a die-hard Balti-moron. Born in Charm City and refuse to move. This is truly The Land of Pleasant Living. I like every non-pretentious and pseudo-pretentious bit of living on the set of The Wire.

Now, in my previous post I mentioned that Harper is a Colts fan. Real citizens of this fine burg know that when I say Colts, I of course mean the Baltimore Colts and their marching band. There are no other Colts.

I never meant to imply that I would raise my children to cheer for a team from Indianapolis. I certainly in no way meant to insinuate that Peyton Manning is good at anything or ever will be.

So, all my loyal readers, there you have it. My children will be raised to be disappointed by The Ravens just like I am. We will wear purple. We will protect this house (by letting the other team score a lot of points). We will eat snacks and then fall asleep on the sofa during every game. It is our responsibility to pass on our traditions to the younger generation.

And thanks to my vigilant brother I have learned a little lesson about regional loyalty.

Sheesh, at least I didn't say I wanted to raise them to be Republicans.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Is this supposed to make me believe that you are a sports enthusiast?

SLPmommy said...

Hilary,

If I see a Duke Blue Devil T-Shirt on any of your kids ... I'm call Social Services. Thanks for coming clean.

xoxo,
JBR

PS: Hey, I have no idea what Jane wears considering Amy updates her blog once a year. I think she just graduated high school.

SLPmommy said...

PPS: Sorry Jen that I posted a comment under your name. If you need me, I'll be in the basement / mancave.

Amy said...

"I'm call Social Services"
Did you graduate from high school?

Anonymous said...

Nice touch at the end of this blog entry! It actually got me to laugh out loud.